All members of Reform Gym at Wellington Mills (the Club) (you) must comply with these club rules where applicable. Your attention is drawn in particular to the Our Liability section of these club rules.
Compliance with these club rules is important both to maintain the standards at the Club and to enable members to get full enjoyment from their membership.
We may make reasonable amendments to these club rules at any time. If we do this, where reasonably possible, we will display notices in the Club (including on our website) notifying you of the change at least 2 weeks in advance.
- The opening hours and the off-peak hours of the Club are prominently displayed at the Club and on our Website. Opening hours will be reduced over the Christmas period and bank holidays and will be advertised in advance on the Club’s notice board and/or the Website.
- When you join you will be issued with a membership card and we will take your photograph which will be associated with your membership card.
- Your member card is issued by us and remains our property. It is your responsibility to keep your membership card safe and notify us if you lose it.
- If your membership card is lost, stolen or damaged; we will charge a £3 fee to replace it.
- You must use your membership card to enter the Club by swiping it upon entry. At this point, your identification will be checked against the photograph you provided.
- For security reasons, we may:
- ask any member who doesn’t have their membership card to show proof of identification before we will allow the access to the Club;
- ask members to show a second form of identification before they can access the Club; and
- refuse members to access the Club if they do not present a valid membership card.
- Your membership card is personal to you and you cannot transfer or lend it to another person.
- On termination of membership, for any reason, you must hand in your membership card to us.
- Guests and visitors are not permitted to use the Club.
- If you have a disability which means you need somebody to assist you to use the Club facilities, you can sign that person in to assist you. There will be no fee to pay but that person may only use the Club facilities to assist you and must comply fully with these club rules. You will remain personally responsible for their actions.
- If you are in breach of these club rules, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the Club immediately where we consider that it is reasonable or necessary to do so.
- You must comply with any reasonable requests made by members of our team including but not limited to matters of health and safety.
- You must comply with any additional rules and guidelines which are displayed in the Club.
- You must leave the gym with sufficient time to enable you to use the showering and changing facilities if desired, and to leave the Club premises punctually at the time of closing (or if your membership requires, before the end of off-peak hours). All Club facilities will close at the advertised closing time, with the exception of any private functions.
- You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) into the Club.
- You must not take any photography or movie shots in the Club (including by use of a camera on a mobile phone, laptop or tablet device).
- Provided that we have obtained your express consent, we may use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. So that we have a written record of your consent, we may ask you to sign our photography reproduction authorisation form.
- Before using any Club facilities, you must:
- complete a pre-screening health questionnaire; and
- complete your Club welcome induction.
- You must advise a member of our team of anything that is relevant to your physical condition. You must continue to keep this information updated throughout your membership.
- If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma, diabetes, and/or if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor before using any facilities at the Club.
- You must not do strenuous physical activities without first getting medical advice if you have concerns about your physical condition.
- To make sure you get the most from every activity that you do at the Club and do so in the safest possible way, you should always make sure that you warm up properly and take time to cool down after your activity.
- You are responsible for your own physical condition and monitoring this during physical activity.
- If you suffer any unusual symptoms you must immediately stop the activity and tell a member of our team.
- We reserve the right to stop you using any facilities at the Club if we, acting reasonably, believe that to do so would cause a risk to yourself or others.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Club General Manager who may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave the Club if your attire poses a health and safety risk to you or other Club users.
- Club equipment must not be used for longer than 20 minutes during busy periods.
- You must wipe down Club equipment after use.
- You may not use the Club while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- You are asked to arrive at the Club 5 minutes prior to any personal training session or induction appointments. If you are late for your welcome induction, we reserve the right to cancel it and re-arrange it for another time.
- If you are late for a personal training session, then you may still join it for the time that remains but:
- the time of the session may not be extended; and
- you may be charged in full for the session.
- If you repeatedly cancel your personal training sessions, we may refuse to provide you with anymore in the future. We will refund any monies paid in advance for those sessions.
- A full-timetable of our classes can be found on our website and displayed on the Club notice board. Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- If the cost of any class is not included within your membership, you must pay for the class in full before you start it.
- From time to time we may book studios for exhibitions or social activities. We will always try to give you notice of this by email and/or displaying information on the Club notice board.
- Classes are on a first come, first served basis so we recommend you pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them. You can pre-book classes in advance via our website, telephoning the Club or visiting the reception desk at the Club.
- In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes may be barred to anyone arriving more than 5 minutes late.
- An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
- You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
- Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees in the class.
- If you have paid for any class (separately to any membership fees) and we cancel or change it at our discretion or an instructor prevents you from participating in a class because it is overcrowded, we will either provide you with a replacement class or, if that is not acceptable to you, will refund the fees you have paid for the class.
Behaviour and Dress
- You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the Club, and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of that Club by any other person.
- In particular you must not:
- use foul, loud, or abusive language;
- behave in a threatening manner;
- molest, harass, or intimidate other members, visitors, or Club employees;
- carry out any indecent acts with or without another person;
- smoke (which includes the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices) in any area of the club;
- use a shower cubicle with more than one person; or
- bring, use, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in any part of the Club.
- You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Club premises. Appropriate clothing must be worn in all communal areas.
- Lockers are made available subject to availability.
- Members are respectfully requested to store coats and rucksacks in the lockers provided.
- Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to a Club. The keeping of any other items in a Club’s lockers is prohibited.
- You must not leave items in lockers overnight, or use the lockers at times when you are not present at the Club.
- We can remove the contents from any locker which is:
- being used overnight without our consent; or
- we reasonably believe is being used contrary to these club rules,
- You can claim the contents we have removed from the Club reception for up to six weeks after removal. After this time, we will not be responsible for any contents we remove from the locker and we may donate them to a charity of our choosing.
- We do not accept any liability in relation to any damage to or loss of property placed in our lockers, unless that damage results from our negligence. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
- If you find lost property you must hand it in to the Club’s reception immediately.
- Car parking at the Club is not guaranteed and is provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional car parking may be available on Plover Road but members must check the parking restrictions.
- Members are not permitted to park on Loft marked spaces.
- We are not responsible for the car park or any parking at or around the Club. We do not accept any liability in relation to any damage to your car parked at the Club, unless that damage results from our negligence.
Sauna and Steam Room
- You must:
- be 18 years or over;
- use the sauna and steam room area in moderation and in accordance with any medical advice you have received;
- when using the sauna and steam room area, wear swimming attire; and
- shower before and after using the sauna and steam room.
- You must not:
- use the sauna and steam room for longer than the 10 minutes;
- pour additional water or essence on the unit/rocks; the sauna is self dousing and both the sauna and steam room have essence supplied to them;
- use the sauna and steam room area while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers;
- use the sauna and steam room area whilst pregnant or have heart disease, circulatory or respiratory problems, high or low blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease, seizures, epilepsy, and using prescribed drugs or an illness causing an inability to perspire;
- consume, store, or bring into the sauna and steam room area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container;
- have recently exercised. Time should be allowed t enable the body temperature to return to normal;
- shave or exfoliate (including remove dead skin) in the sauna and steam room area;
- attempt to dry clothes or towels in the sauna;
- prop or leave the door open on either the sauna or steam room; and
- bring sauna oils or essences, cosmetic products, newspapers/magazines/books or other flammable materials into the sauna and steam room area, as these constitute a serious fire hazard.
- bring in glass bottles, razors or other sharp items
Health and Safety
- You must use the main entrance when entering or leaving the Club.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
- You must read the health and safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms in the Club and comply with their recommendations. If you do not understand a notice or sign please ask a member of our team.
- If you suffer an accident or injury whilst at the Club, you must report it and the circumstances under which it happened to a member of our team.
- Nothing in these club rules limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Our maximum liability to you shall be limited to the fees you have paid to date and any other losses that you suffer as a result of our negligence or failure to comply with these club rules (and our membership terms and conditions if applicable), which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- If you want to write to us, you can do so at Wellington Mills Plover Road, Lindley, Huddersfield, HD3 3HR.
- email us here
- Our telephone number is 01484 485 395.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of our team, through the suggestion/comments boxes provided in the Club or in writing to the contact details set out above.